Podcasts are really trending hard right now, so I feel really excited to share some of my favorite podcasts with you. "What is a podcast?" you may be asking. Well, it is an audio file you can stream from your mobile device or your computer. Usually, they are available as on ongoing series, with new podcasts added frequently. The name "pod-cast" derives from the fact that they were originally created for the iPod, and were "cast" out to subscribers. Technology has enabled these "pirate radio" type shows to be available for almost everyone.
Although podcasts and audio-books hold a similarity, there are differences. While audiobooks are just there with the purpose of reading a story to you, podcasts seem to be all about the dialog. The person(s) talking are not just there to share their opinion, but also to hear feedback/opinions. Plus, with podcasts you are learning valuable information to integrate into your life or business. There is such a prodigious wealth of ideas to be found through podcasts, and I am here to share some of my favorites!
- The Accidental Creative - I really love these podcasts. They are a variety in that they can assist any creative that might be feeling stuck by offering insightful interviews, innovative ideas, and so much more to help you stay on track in both life and work. Click here for more information and to listen to these podcasts.
- TED Radio Hour - Each TED (Technology, Entertainment, and Design) podcast has a common theme like success, happiness, forgiveness, and so, so much more. I like this podcast series because it teaches us as creative entrepreneurs that we have to explore all avenues of bettering ourselves to truly embrace success and happiness. Click here for more information and to listen to these podcasts.
- Being Boss - Kathleen Shannon & Emily Thompson really embrace being creative entrepreneurs in their podcast episodes by sharing stories, advice, and interviews about fully embracing being your own boss. They are bubbly, cheeky, funny, and edgy as well. Click here for more information and to listen to these podcasts.
- Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert - I adore Elizabeth Gilbert. I have read all of her books (Big Magic twice!), and have listened to every single podcast she has. I guess you could say I am a super fan with the utmost respect for her. Her podcasts have her interviewing people (often celebrities) and talking to them about how they overcome the fears that are inherent in the creative process. Click here for more information and to listen to these podcasts.
- Creative Pep Talk - I really like these podcasts because they are really good at helping when I hit a creative block. Per the name of their Podcast show, they REALLY do give excellent pep talks, interviews, and ideas of how to get over those creative slumps we sometimes find ourselves in. Click here for more information and to listen to these podcasts.
I hope you feel inspired to listen to some of these podcasts; I promise you will not regret it! Enjoy, and be sure to comment below with YOUR favorite creative podcast.